Tuesday, September 8, 2009

So what do you play?

Whenever I am introduced to new people outside of the Orchestra Nova world and I tell them who I am and what I do, they invariably ask: "So what do you play?" - assuming that I am a member of the actual orchestra.
I am always flattered when folks ask me this - but alas, I am not one of our very talented musicians - rather, I am an administrator. I handle legal and financial issues for the orchestra as well as working with our incredible team in the office to produce the concerts, plan the seasons and raise the money to keep everything humming around here. It is a very challenging but rewarding gig and one that I enjoy very, very much. It is exciting to go to one of our concerts and listen to the beautiful music and know that I was a part of helping get that on stage.

So, when folks ask me what I play, I say the check book.

No comments:

Post a Comment